12 March 2007

Loneliness / Soledad

I spent the last 3 weekends at home, alone. The funny thing is I had the chance to go out. There's always someone who'd like to hang around with u, but i just needed to be alone.
Though i really wanted to be alone i felt lonely and i started thinking what loneliness really was, why it affects me so much and why i have this paranoid love/hate relation with it.
I had this feeling like i wanted to be alone, spend some time to think aand re-think my life. I was kinda depressed and sad about some stuff.
The funny thing is that one of the main problems in my life is loneliness: I feel lonely, i feel like i got nobody to share my life with. I feel like i bother my friends and consume their time and that makes me feel guilty, cuz they all got girlfriends and boyfrineds or other friends appart from me. So, as not to feel guilty or too "absorbing" i dont call my friends and suppose they're better off without me (if they wasnt they'd call, right?). And this is not a way of saying "please call me, dont u see im lonely?", i just needed to share it. Actually... dont call me, i wont answer.
Im not really close to my relatives, they're there, i share my everyday life with them, we live under the same roof, but the truth is they dont really know me and i know i dont really know them either.
I've been tryin for a while to contact new people and go out more, but i dont seem to find interesting people and they dont find me interesting: I think they're not cultured, they think im a smart ass, i think they're plain and shallow, they think im complicated and i think to much...

Basically, the thing is:
I cant find a partner for life (or at least a part of my life). I really like hanging out with my friends, but i dont wanna bug them, i gotta understand they're not my "couple". This whole thing makes me feel really lonely and thus i feel like i need to think about my life and how to solve these things. To do this i need some privacy and time for myself.
So, i spend long nights of doing nothing, just trying to understand my lonelines by being lonely, wich makes me feel even lonely-er... ya dig?

Wel... just wanted to share this with yall so u understand why is it that sometimes i dissapear for such long a long time.

Y en español:

Pase los ultimos 3 findes encerrado en casa, solo. Lo loco es ke tuve la oportunidad de salir. Siempre hay alguien dispuesto a salir con vos, pero necesitaba estar solo.
Aunke realmente necesitaba estar solo, me sentia solo y empece a pensar en ke era la soledad, porke me afecta tanto y porke tengo esta relacion paranoica de amor / odio con ella.
Tenia esta sensacion de ke necesitaba estar solo, pasar tiempo pensando y re-pensando mi vida. Estaba un poco deprimido y triste por algunas boludeces.
Lo gracioso es ke la soledad es uno de los principales problemas de mi vida: me siento solo, siento ke no tengo nadie con kien compartir mi vida. Siento ke molesto a mis amigos y consumo su tiempo y me hace sentir culpable, porke todos/as tienen sus respectivos/as novios/as y amigos/as ademas de mi. Entonces, para no sentirme culpable o demasiado absorbente no llamo a nadie y supongo ke todos estan mejor sin mi (si no lo estuvieran me llamarian, no?). Y todo esto no es una manera patetica de decir "por favor llamenme, no ven ke estoy solo?". Solo necesitaba contarlo. Es mas... no llamen porke no voy a atender.
No soy realmente apegado a mi familia. Estan ahi, comparto mi dia a dia con ellos, vivimos bajo el mismo techo pero la realidad es ke no me conocen realmente y yo tampoco los conozco realmente a ellos.
Estuve intentando por un tiempo conocer gente nueva y salir mas, pero no puedo encontrar gente interesante y tampoco esta gente me encuentra interesante a mi: yo creo ke son incultos y ellos creen ke yo soy un sabelotodo engreido, creo ke son chatos, simplones y superficiales y ellos creen ke yo soy complicado y ke pienso demasiado...

Basicamente, el problema es:
No puedo encontrar alguien con kien compartir mi vida (o al menos parte de mi vida). Realmente disfruto mucho salir con mis amigos pero no kiero molestarlos o agobiarlos, tengo ke entender ke mis amigos no son mi "pareja". Todo esto me hace sentir solo y por ende necesito pensar mi vida y como voy a solucionar todo esto. Para eso necesito un poco de privacidad e intimidad.
Entonces, paso largas noches haciendo nada, solo tratando de entender mi soledad estando solo, lo cual me hace sentir todavia mas solo... se entiende?

Bueno, solo keria compartir esto con uds. asi entienden porke a veces me desaparezco por tanto tiempo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zek, having these 'alone' times are actually a blessing in disguise because it makes you think about life and figure out more clearly what you want.

Be contented with what you have and love will come naturally. It's all about timing...

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,they're in each other all along.”

DarioCaballes said...

amigo, como sabras te entiendo perfecamente ya que compartimos la misma mirada sobre este aspecto particular de la vida, ver siempre el vaso medio vacio... aparte de que hemos estado noches hablando sobre el tema mate/cafe/panqueques de por medio... pero como te dije en algunas de esas charlas, en algun momento te va a llegar la oportunidad... tiempo al tiempo... desde mi punto de vista y mi experiencia, es que tendrias que disfrustar mas este momento de tu vida y dejar de pensar/buscar a alguien... yo cuando menos lo busque, llego...

Anonymous said...

I like what Eph said.. "Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,they're in each other all along.”

And it's true, it's all about timing... We just gotta keep the faith.

Mister, I believe in love. I'm a believer!!!

Zek said...

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot for me and i really needed it =)

Gracias por su apoyo. significa mucho para mi y realmente lo necesitaba. =)

Contributors