15 January 2007

Thinking

Today I woke up with the strangest feeling. I was conscious of the awakening. I couldn't remember what i was dreaming, but i felt like i was going thru a tunnel from dreamland to reality. As soon as i woke i started feeling the pain of being alive: a sore throat, sticky eyes, numb muscles, a dry, bad taste in my mouth. That's when i started thinking about being awake and being asleep. What is the funtionality of dreams? I mean, there are wet dreams, nice dreams, funny dreams, crazy dreams, nightmares, visionary dreams, etc, but do they have a function beyond entertain our brains during sleep and giving us a subjet of conversation for family dinner? Is it just a preseted movie created by our subconscient or its a different "I" subjugated to the conscient "I"?
Is there a place where dreams exist for real? Why did i feel like i was coming back thru a tunnel? Where does that tunnel leads to? Can I go there without sleeping? Can i stay there? Is there anyone who went there and never came back? Was this just a stupid senseless dream that generated a lot of reasonless questions in my head or was it a visionary dream that showed me something i wasn't suppossed to see? Is it a secret place where only sleeping people can get?
I wish i knew... i wish i could get there.

No comments:

Contributors