27 March 2007

Weird Dream / Extraño Sueño

I had the weirdest dream ever. I dreamt I was in a very big place with a very high celiling, with big open windows, kinda like a very old government palace or something. I was lying down on a bench with this woman sitting on the same bench.

This woman is a person that exists only in my dreams. I have never seen her in real life, but I know her, I've seen her many times in my dreams. In this dream, she was my wife, and she was sad. I was staring at her when my childhood doctor, Dr. Raiden (who passed away a couple years ago) came next to me and told me she was pregnant.

He estarted checking me like he did when I was a child. Presing his cold wrinkled hands against my stomach, my armpits and my neck.

I was really worried about my wife being pregnant. It meant I had a child to support. What kind of a life could I offer this child? It was weird, cuz I never thought about this whole being-a-parent thing and I never realized how complicated it was.

My mother came into scene and sat next to me after Dr. Raiden finished checking me. They were both telling me it'll be ok, but I was still feeling anxious. That's when Dr. Raiden took out his candies.

When I was a kid I loved Dr. Raiden cuz he always gave me candied after checking me. These candies were like little pills. Some red and some white. Those were the tastiest candies ever. Well... in my dream they were as tasty as always, but what i recall the most, is not only that they tasted exactly like they did back then (I have never found out where he got those candies and never tasted one ever again), but also, these pills took all my anxiety away. I suddenly realized that having a baby was th most beautiful thing on earth. It was a blessing, a gift from God to enlighten my life.
I woke up feeling so blessed...
Thanks to my mother, my dream girl (if you ever become real and read this) and Dr. Raiden for your magic pills. It seems like they're always gonna be there to ease my way through pains and misery.

El otro día tuve un sueño rarísimo. Soñé que estaba en un lugar amplio, con techo alto y grandes ventanas que iluminaban todo el lugar. Como un palacio de gobierno o algo así. Yo estaba acostado en un banco, con una mujer sentada en el mismo banco a mis pies.

Esta mujer existe sólo en mis sueños. Nunca la vi en la vida real, pero la conozco. La vi muchas veces en mis sueños. En este sueño ella era mi esposa y estaba triste. Estaba observándola cuando se me acercó mi doctor de la infancia, el Dr. Raiden (quien falleció hace unos años) y me dijo que mi esposa estaba embarazada.

El Dr. Raiden comenzó a chequearme como lo hacía cuando yo era chico. Presionando sus manos frías y arrugadas contra mi estómago, mis axilas y mi cuello.

Yo estaba muy preocupado por el embarazo de mi esposa, significaba que tenía que mantener un bebé. Qué tipo de vida podría ofrecerle yo? Era muy extraño, porque nunca había pensado seriamente en todo lo que implicaba ser padre y nunca me había dado cuenta de lo complicado que es.

Mi mamá entró en escena y se sentó al lado mío luego de que el Dr. Raiden terminó de revisarme. Los dos estaban diciéndome que todo iba a estar bien, que no me preocupara, pero yo no podía evitar sentirme angustiado. Ahí fue cuando el Dr. Raiden sacó sus caramelos.

Cuando era chico, me encantaba el Dr. Raiden porque siempre me daba pastillitas cuando terminaba de revisarme. Estas pastillitas eran como confites con forma de píldoras, algunas rojas y otras blancas. Eran los confites más ticos del mundo! Bueno, en mi sueño eran tan ricas como siempre, pero lo que más recuerdo es no sólo que tenían el mismo sabor que cuando yo era chico (Nunca supe donde compraba esas pastillas ni tampoco las comi de nuevo desde chico) sino que además estas pastillitas se llevaron toda la angustia. De repente me di cuenta que tener un hijo era lo más hermoso del mundo. Era una bendición, un regalo de Dios para iluminar mi vida.

Me desperté tan bendecido…

Gracias a mi mamá, a la chica de mi sueño (si alguna vez te converstís en realidad y leés esto) y al Dr. Raiden por sus pastillas mágicas. Pareciera que siempre estarán ahí para facilitar mi camnimo por momentos de pena y miseria.

No comments:

Contributors